GETTING HELP > How to Get Help

Sometimes finding the right place to go for what you need can be difficult. Here are some great places to start.

Finding the right services and supports

Senior Linkage Line®
The Senior LinkAge Line® is Minnesota’s one stop shop for seniors, connecting individuals throughout Minnesota with local services. Senior LinkAge Line information specialists help older adults:

  • Evaluate complex living situations to determine the help each individual needs
  • Connect older adults and their caregivers to resources for housing, transportation, chore help, legal services, caregiver support and more
  • Answer Medicare and insurance questions and help persons of all ages access the prescriptions they need
  • Follow up to ensure needs are met

The Senior Linkage Line can be reached at 1-800-333-2433.

Disability Hub MN
To learn about resources for Minnesotans with disabilities or chronic illnesses, visit the Disability Hub MN or, to talk one-on-one with a specialist, call 1-866-333-2466. The Disability Hub MN makes it easy to explore options and make decisions about services, benefits, employment, health care, and more.
The website is a comprehensive database of community resources for individuals, caregivers, and service providers. Search for resources by keywords, topics, or geographic area.

Eldercare Locator
For Minnesota families who are seeking help for someone in another state, the Eldercare Locator is a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging. It connects you to services for older adults and their families. Eldercare locator can also be reached at 1-800-677-1116.

Veterans Linkage Line
Visit the Veterans Linkage Line for information and service for Minnesota veterans. Call 1-888-LinkVet (1-888-546-5838).

Resources for residents in long term care settings

If your loved one is receiving care from a licensed caregiver, the Office of Ombudsman for Long-Term Care may be able to help. Ombudsman are people in your area who can help you resolve complaints and concerns with licensed services.

The state office staff and the regional ombudsmen serving the 7-county metropolitan area are located in St. Paul. Nine regional offices are located statewide. There is also a regional ombudsman located on the campus of the Minneapolis Veterans Home. These advocates help individuals and families resolve issues with providers.

Regional ombudsmen and volunteers work to enhance the quality of life and services for people receiving long-term services and supports. The program also advocates for reform in long-term care through changes in state law, federal law and administrative policy.

What is An Ombudsman?
An ombudsman is an independent consumer advocate who is employed by the Minnesota Board on Aging who:

  • Investigates complaints about the health, safety, welfare and rights of Minnesotans receiving long-term services and supports
  • Works to identify problems and resolve individual concerns
  • Provides information and help with long-term care services, consumer rights and regulations
  • Resolves disputes between consumers and providers about long-term care services
  • Works with providers to promote a culture in which people have and can make choices

Who Can the Ombudsman Help?

  • Residents of nursing homes and board and care homes, including veterans’ homes
  • Residents of adult care homes, such as housing with services, assisted living, customized living or foster care
  • People receiving home care services
  • Medicare beneficiaries who have concerns about getting into or being discharged from hospitals
  • Anyone seeking help with long-term services and supports

To find your regional ombudsman call (651) 431-2555 or 1-800-657-3591.

MEJC Victim Services Form

You can send a message to our victim services staff through this form and an advocate will get back to you as soon as possible. Our services are confidential and free of charge.

MEJC is not an official reporting agency nor an emergency crisis line. To make a maltreatment report to Adult Protective Services, please call the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center at 1-844-880-1574.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.